AURORA COLD LASER THERAPY
Aurora, Newmarket, King City, Oak Ridges, Richmond Hill
Extracorporeal shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses high intensity acoustic waves. It is commonly used in physiotherapy, chiropractic, podiatry, sports medicine, and orthopedics for acute, subacute, and chronic musculoskeletal conditions. Shockwave is suitable for most people, but especially those that have chronic and stubborn conditions that involve ligaments and tendons. Acoustic waves carry energy to affected soft tissues which lead to an improvement in circulation, a reduction in inflammation, a stimulation of collagen production, and a dissolution of calcium and scar tissue buildup. Stimulation of these physiological systems helps to create an optimal environment for healing.
Conditions commonly treated include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Heel spurs, foot pain & plantar fasciitis
• Achilles tendinitis, tendinopathy & bursitis
• Tibialis anterior syndrome
• Patellar tendinopathy (jumper’s knee)
• Trochanteric bursitis & hip pain
• Painful shoulder (calcification, tendinitis, tendinopathy, impingement syndrome)
• Tennis/Golfer’s elbow
• Exostoses of small hand joints in case of grade 1 arthrosis
• Trigger points
3 to 4 treatments are required at weekly intervals, and each session lasts 5 to 10 minutes.
Shockwave services are covered under physiotherapy, chiropractic, and chiropody.